Stuart Mill.
Sat. 28th May to Friday 3rd June. We left Bendigo today to travel to Maxs’ cousins (Dawne and Peter) farm near Stuart Mill, which is about ½ an hour away from St. Arnaud. Well !! that was it for me. I came down a gastric bug which after 3 days of yuk, I ended up in St. Arnaud Hospital for a couple of days. Apparently a lot of this was going around and I probably picked it up in Bendigo. Max was lucky enough to escape it. You would have thought it would be too cold for bugs to survive this time of year.
Max enjoyed his time at the farm. He helped Peter with feeding the sheep and yarding them up for marking the new lambs. A day later they drove them from their paddock to the shearing shed where the ewes were crutched. On returning them back to their paddock, Max carried a pair of tiny twin lambs that were born the previous night, and they were reunited with their anxious mother.
One morning there was a white frost everywhere, it had been a very cold night.
A frosty morning.
St. Arnaud Hospital.
I took some more photos on the the morning we left.
The pretty garden.
Dawnes' little dog Rosie.
Down the main street in St. Arnaud.
Thanks for sharing your blog on Facebook. Its so great to have a holiday blog for friends and family to watch and feel like we're on holidays too!. Your in my old stomping ground now! I did my Nurse training at Bendigo and met my hubby there 28 years ago. The nursing school was just up the hill from the Cathedral. It looks so cold down there. I'd forgotten about the frost on the ground! Happy travels. Linda x
ReplyDelete